Sunday, May 29, 2011

Orphan Care is Warfare


Chad is on an airplane back to the States right now. I've missed him so much and I'm so ready for him to be home. At the same time, I wish he could have stayed with our children there. He said today was very hard on our little girl. It sounds like she kind of shut down and shut him out. She's been through so much. It's probably the only way she knows how to deal with it. They bonded so much while he was there. He also bonded a lot with our little guy. He said he would hold him for hours and hours and when he'd have to give him to someone he would cry for him. Chad is so good at just being with the kids and spending time with them. I get busy and have a hard time not being preoccupied. I'm glad he got to go and just be there for them. I cannot wait until it's my turn! I seem to have a knot in my stomach and an aching heart. Praying for God to comfort us and them. To draw us all closer to Him through this and to prepare us for being together. I know it's going to be a big change for everyone and we will have a lot of learning and adjusting to do.

While reading Orphanology last night, it talked about how orphan care IS spiritual warfare. Taking care of orphans is part of the Great Commission and Satan will attack when we are trying to do what God has called us to do. He is a thief, liar, murderer and deceiver. I've seen that in several circumstances during this process. So...it says, "that means that adoption and orphan care requires serious prayer, a reliance on God's power, and a steadfast faith in the promises of God". Oh I have a long way to go. This process is definitely bringing out my weaknesses and my ugly side. Just thankful for God's grace!

In other news....we had a hail storm here this week and Ethan lost his tooth! I was glad to not be in my car during this hailstorm. Unfortunately, it hit about 90 seconds after my sisters had left my house. They had to turn around and come back and were pretty shaken up. But...everyone was ok.







No comments: