Friday, January 13, 2012

Gotta Love Boys

I love my boys so much!  They are so much fun and so sweet.   I still think about what Luke said last week about how he was going to marry me when he grows up and it melts my heart every time.   The boys were really worried about me and have been so sweet to me.  


They are used to being able to be pretty rough with me.   I'll get down and roughhouse with them, wrestle around, and all that.    They have been known to jump on me from on top of the furniture with no notice...almost knocking me over.   They love for me to drag them around on the wood floors as they hold onto my feet.   They jump from the top bunk into my arms, get me on the floor and tackle me.....they don't really hold back with me.   They both love to be on my lap whenever I'm sitting down...whichever boy didn't make it to my lap first is usually on top of my head somehow.   Sometimes it's a little overwhelming...but, really, I love it. I know that before too long I won't be able to hold them, wrestle them down, and they won't want to be on top of me all the time. 

Anyways, since I've been home, Chad has had some serious conversations with them about how they cannot be doing that now...that they could seriously hurt me since I've just had surgery.  They have been so sweet!   They still climb up on my lap, but, are so gentle. 

Instead of jumping on me....they hide around corners and when I walk into a room, they scream at the top of their sweet little lungs and scare me half to death!   Or they throw something at my head.  Or...lunge at my stomach with their light sabers and stop within an inch of my incision!!!   All the while, they are cracking up laughing and having the time of their lives!   My reactions are probably pretty comical since I'm so drugged up right now.   

My mom called and let me skype with our little guy a while ago...she thought it would cheer me up.  It was so funny because he was sitting on her lap and it looked like he was rubbing the side of her face.  I said, "awww...he's so sweet" and before it was out of my mouth he had yanked her earring!   I guess boys around the world are all the same!    I just love 'em!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you! Boys ARE so much fun. I have had to literally outlaw scaring mommy. Just wait till Christy arrives and the new game is to scare her!