Saturday, March 19, 2011

Homecoming



Today I got to go to my 2nd homecoming! It is one of the most precious and special things ever! What an emotional time! There were so many people there to greet these precious friends and their new son. It was so touching. This family has challenged us in so many ways. They truly live out the gospel. They put into action James 1:27. They LOVE. They love everyone around them. They love the Lord with all of their hearts. Their encouragement is part of the reason we are on the way to adoption right now...they prayed for us and encouraged us to trust God and take the step of faith He was calling us to take.
As I took a family picture for them today at the airport...I watched as a boy who was once an orphan in Ghana joined them. Then, I watched a man who lives on the streets of Knoxville jointhem. And then I watched a "lost boy" of Sudan join them. These people consider themselves part of this family...and they should. I'm so challenged by their selfless love.

I also got to hear my friend describe our daughter. She said "she's a firecracker"...."in a good way". I had kind of gathered that from the "hand on her hip" pictures. She talked about how she takes care of her baby brother and she's very sweet. It brought so much joy and also made my heart ache so much more for my children. I wonder if this is how God feels as He watches and waits for us to join His family...to adopt US. Only....it's so much easier. The price has already been paid and there is no government red tape. All we have to do is come to Him...run to His arms. How He loves us!

God sets the lonely in families, he leads forth the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.
Psalm 68:6

No comments: