Tuesday, August 10, 2010

School days....

The past week or so, we've just been trying to figure out our schedule and how to make things work smoothly around here. I find that the hardest part for me right now is keeping Luke busy. I don't want him to just feel like he's been pushed away all day...but, he wants to be on my lap and have my full attention...which I love....just makes it hard to work with Ethan or get anything else done. He also wants to go from one thing to the next very quickly. I'm trying to get him into the routine of following his workboxes...but, right now he just takes them in any random order. Or...he's just not interested in them at all and finds something else.

Ethan's loving astronomy. He asks to do it every day. This is from the dollar section at Target.

Luke's using Hooked on Phonics like Ethan did. He will play their cd-rom for a little bit...but not too long, of course. :o)

Painting rocks...


Today we learned about the sun. I've learned something new every time we've done astronomy. The boys got to take magnifying glasses out and see what happens when the suns light is concentrated in one spot. This also showed them why you shoudln't look directly at the sun...the lens in our eye is shaped like a magnifying glass and it can cause our retinas to be burned.

Melting chocolate and burning leaves....





Then played for as long as we could stand the heat...





No comments: