Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day


Today has been really special.  Chad let me sleep in (best present of all) and he made breakfast for the kids and entertained them.   When I got up I had handmade cards from the kids and a pot of hydrangeas waiting for me.   I've been wanting some hydrangeas for a long time and I'm so excited to finally have some of my own.   Moses and I took a nap...another great gift...and then the kids and I headed over to Water Angels while Chad went to sleep before going into work tonight.   

It was so good to be back at Water Angels.  It's been too long.  Our dear friends, the Beebe's, have been very involved there for years.  The people downtown just love this family.  Today was their last service there for at least 2 years.  They are moving to Ghana as missionaries.  It was so sweet to hear the people stand up and share how they felt about them.  The one that stood out to me most was a young, pregnant woman who shared that it meant a lot to her that they were always there as a family and that Reid sets such a good example for the men.  He shows them how to be a godly husband and father.   

We saw some boys that we had gotten very close to over the last couple of years.  Their father has just gotten out of prison.  We had had thought it would be better when he was finally home again.  Instead, when I excitedly asked if they were happy to have their daddy home, their faces dropped...it's worse than before.   I just wanted to cry with them.   So many children need families.  Some have families...but they still need Christians who will invest in their lives.   


Tonight we prayed for Christy and Moses' birth mom.   Christy is working on forgiving.   There has been a lot of hurt there for her.   One night I was telling Christy how much I loved her mother because if she hadn't grown in her belly, I would not get to be her mommy.  She got a huge smile on her face.   It's hard.  My heart breaks for her and her mother.  As a mom...I can't imagine being in a situation so desperate that I would have to give my children up.  I can't imagine saying good-bye. I can't imagine nursing these little ones for a whole year, and then separating from them....knowing I'd probably never see them again.   I love her!  I'm so thankful for her.   I see so much of her in our kids.    My heart breaks for these kids.   Even though they have a family now, and we are so happy and blessed....I can't imagine going through what they have.   They are amazing little kids.   I pray for God to mend the brokenness...for their mother to know what a treasure she is to Him.   I am so incredibly blessed.  Way more than I deserve.   I'm thankful.  

This is Christy and Moses' last time seeing their mother and grandparents.

1 comment:

Hillbilly Rockin' Robin said...

This post made me cry. I love you, friend.