Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Jesus Help Me!


Tonight....tears are flowing freely....that's a good thing.  I've told chad over the past week that I feel like something is wrong with me.  I can't pray, read my bible, journal....and I can't cry.  Not that I just want to cry...but, it's like at times I know I should be crying...but, something won't let me.   I think that I've kind of shut down emotionally. I just haven't been able to process everything.

A few weeks ago, I lost baby #3.  I lost my last tube.  I can have no more babies.   I know some people think we're crazy for wanting to have more kids....and I have had to endure really insensitive remarks about it.   Like...I need to get my tubes tied!   Don't even know what say to that, except, "I can't...I don't have any left".    I had a very rough, frustrating recovery this last time. All the while...our adoption has been coming to the last step...bringing our kids home, finally.   We thought that would be easy.   I know....what was I thinking?  It's been a mess!  Our kids should have been  home this week.  But, more paperwork, stating all the same stuff they already have in our stacks of papers at the embassy, has been requested!    I know that it could be so much worse than it is and I really am thankful for all that we are blessed with...this is is just where we are.

I've been overcome with fear, discouragement, anger and confusion...and most of all, self condemnation.  I didn't realize that until today, when a good friend just let me get everything out.   I've felt like I can't come to God because I can't SEE what He's doing.  I cannot SEE the good in ANY of this...at all!   All I SEE is the pain, stress, and frustration.    So...how can I come to God when I don't have faith in Him?   My friend reminded me today...we don't walk by sight.   I don't need to be able to see it.  That's not faith. Faith is believing what we CAN'T SEE.   I don't need to be able to FEEL like I have faith.   It's okay if all I can write in my journal is "Jesus help me!".   He understands.   He has brought us to this place.   Tonight, I feel like all I can do is cry out to Him and fight to keep my eyes on Him.     His love is amazing.   Tonight as we did devotions with the boys, I felt God holding me and speaking to me.   I don't deserve that.

First we read about the Tower of Babel.   I was reminded how I keep trying to do things myself.  I think that I can make a way to do things on my own.  This whole adoption process has been a reminder that I have a God who is my provider and His church is called to serve one another.  It's been hard for me to sit back and accept help, meals, and money from people.   This past week we opened our mailbox and found huge checks for our adoption two times.   These families amaze me.  One of them is adopting right now but they sacrificially gave so our son could go to Ghana.  The other is a homeschool family who wants to obey God and give to the poor and orphans.   That challenges me so much.  We will have the privilege of having 2 incredible children in our family...that makes me want to do whatever it takes to get them here.  But, a family who will gain nothing from this gave so generously!   I know God will bless them richly in heaven.

Then, we read out of Jesus Calling for kids.  It was titled "I Will Lift You Up".   It said, "I am above all things: your problems, your disappointments and hurts, and all the ever-changing events that fill up this world....It's a fact: You will have problems in this life.  You will stumble and fall into the dirt and dust of this world.  But don't give up!  Don't let the dirt and dust be the only thing you see.  See Me!  Reach out your hand and call out, Help me, Jesus!   I will grab your hand, and I will pull you up".

We read Matthew 14:28-32.   As we read, it hit me.  All that Peter had to do was call out, "Lord, Save me!" and "...immediately Jesus reached out His hand and caught Him".    What a savior.   He is so good.

4 comments:

Hillbilly Rockin' Robin said...

Dear friend, I cried when I read this. Praising God that your heart is opening to His gentle touch. Yes, we walk by faith and not by sight. Steph, remember, YOU are precious in His sight though. He sees it all. I love you!

Anonymous said...

"Child of My love, fear not the unknown morrow,
Dread not the new demand life makes of thee;
Thy ignorance doth hold no cause for sorrow
Since what thou knowest not is known to Me.

Thou canst not see today the hidden meaning
Of My command, but thou the light shalt gain;
Walk on in faith, upon My promise leaning,
And as thou goest all shall be made plain.

One step thou seest--then go forward boldly,
One step is far enough for faith to see;
Take that, and thy next duty shall be told thee,
For step by step thy Lord is leading thee.

Stand not in fear thy adversaries counting,
Dare every peril, save to disobey;
Thou shalt march on, all obstacles surmounting
For I, the Strong will open up the way.

Wherefore go gladly to the task assigned thee,
Having My promise, needing nothing more
Than just to know, where're the future find thee,
In all thy journeying I go before."

~Anonymous

partyoffivetn said...

Beautiful. And I can't wait to see you walk through the airport with your babies!

Arnold family said...

So sorry for your loss. Praying your children home soon!!!
Best,

Holly ARnold