Friday, September 23, 2011

Faith of a Child

I love my boys so much.  They bring so much joy to my life.  I'm so thankful I'm their mama.   Lately, Ethan has really challenged me.  God has really used him to speak exactly what I needed to hear.    A few weeks ago my car broke down in Georgia.  It was beyond repair...or way more than we could afford or thought the car was worth.   On our way home, Ethan asked, "mama, when do you think we'll know why our car broke down?".   I told him we'd have to wait to hear from the mechanics and they would tell us what was wrong with it.   He said, "no, I mean, why do you think this is happening?   Do you think God has a reason for it?" .    Just the reminder I needed. :)

Well, today, we got bad news.  Chad is not being allowed to return to work until his foot is all better, which the dr thinks will be about 12 weeks.   We were shocked and it was quite a blow.    Well, a couple of weeks ago I found out I was pregnant and then I lost the baby.  Ethan was devastated...he was already coming up with names and talking to my belly.  It was hard on him.    Anyways...today he said, "mama...you know how the baby died?   And now daddy's foot is broken?   Well, now you can go to Africa and daddy can't.   If that hadn't happened no one would be able to go pick up C and B.".    It was a precious reminder to get my eyes on God.   I don't know why all of this is happening...but, I do know that I need to have the faith of my 7 year old.   Just knowing that God is working.   

Luke has also been so sweet...in his own way, of course.   My mom is staying with us until she leaves for Africa.   She's staying in C's room.   Well, anytime my mom dares to call it "my room", Luke quickly and as serious as can be says, "it's not your room...it's C's....you're just visiting."    It's so funny.  I love that he is already protective of his sister!   

No comments: