Sunday, December 12, 2010

Winter Weekend!

We had a great weekend! We had a couple of our buddies over so that was fun, of course. Saturday night we had a meeting with our life group. It's been wonderful becoming a part of this group. There are so many wonderful families and we are looking forward to getting to know them more.

Then, Sunday was Water Angel's Christmas Service. It was FRRRREEZING! But, it was so good! Over 600 people were fed, given shoes, and ministered to. As I walked around, I was thinking that last year at the Christmas service was our first time to be a part of Water Angels. It' s been such a huge blessing to be able to be a part of what they are doing. It's been neat to develop relationships. I think we've all grown to love the homeless so much. One of my favorite things was when they did cardboard testimonies. On one side it said what they used to be like and the other side told how God had changed them. It was awesome.

Last night, as our heat went out and the temperature dropped in our house, I couldn't help but think of some of the homeless who don't have shelter at all. I couldn't get one man out of my mind. He was walking around Sunday with penny loafers that were too small and no socks. Now, my heat is fixed and I'm sitting in my nice warm house.....but he is still on the streets. Who knows if he's even gotten a break from the cold. I just pray that God will move me. That I won't be comfortable with this. God calls us to help the poor. Have I? I'm so challenged by the Mitchum's and how they give their lives to serve these dear people.








Monday we were snowed in and the boys "went sledding". They had so much fun!





Our little pond is frozen. The boys had fun throwing stuff in it to try to break the ice.






No comments: