Thursday, May 2, 2013

Field Day!

We attended Field day two or three years ago.  It was fun,but, very stressful.  I remember not knowing anyone, losing Ethan, and being overwhelmed.   So, when it came time this year...I didn't even have to think about it.  I would NOT be taking 4 kids!   However, some friends managed to talk me into it and I'm so glad they did.   Chad's new schedule allowed him to come with us so it was so much easier to keep an eye on the kids.   This time they had a great set up for the toddlers so Moses even had a blast all day.  I was assigned to help with Luke and Christy's group so I didn't get too many pics of Ethan...I feel bad about that.   He got lots of ribbons too and had so much fun with his friends.  














The one event I got to watch Ethan do was the three-legged race.   I was crying I was laughing so hard.  It's so weird watching a side come out in your child that you've never seen before.   Ethan has never been really competitive..he's so laid back and a little insecure.   Well,  on this day he discovered that he really wanted to WIN...not JUST have fun!   When the race started, he and his friend were far ahead.  Ethan kept looking to his side to make sure no one was catching up and saying, "hurry, hurry, hurry" almost under his breath.  Well, then his friend fell.   Poor kid.   Ethan was not going to stop just so he could get up.  He just kept saying, "go, go, go, go" while the boy crawled on all 4's as fast as he could! He crawled right across the finish line and they took third place.   The both fell in the grass and died laughing!  It was so cute.  
















No comments: