Thursday, December 29, 2011

Seven Islands Wildlife Refuge

Today we decided to take a drive and get out of the house.  It was a gorgeous day!   We headed out to Seven Islands and took a long walk.  We stopped often to examine animal tracks, scat, and other fun things.  It was nice to just have this quiet downtime to explore as a family.   I hate pictures of myself, but I am trying to get more pictures of me with the kids.  I know I'll regret it later if I don't.   We had some really sweet moments.   Ethan kept trying to take pictures of just Chad and I, but, Luke kept butting in every time.  I didn't think much of it.  But, in the car on the way home, he said, "Mama...can someone who is already married get married again?".   I explained that you can only be married to one person.  He said, "Well...when I grow up and I am GONNA marry you."   MELT. MY. HEART!  He is so sweet and that made me feel so good.  It took me off guard because my boys love their daddy!  And I love that!  I know that they should want to be with him and like him.  But, I sure love knowing that they really love me. :)



  
Daddy and the boys looking at animal tracks.




Scat that Luke touched and examined before we got to it.






The boys were amazed by these thorns!











3 comments:

sarah in the woods said...

I've never even heard of this place. It looks lovely.

TheBowlingFamily said...

It's better in the summer. But, it's still nice. It's just some place different to go than the mountains.

Brandi said...

Your pictures are so amazing!! You look so very beautiful in them, and I know your boys will treasure having pictures of you with them as kids. I should do that more, too.