Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mercies in Disguise


Last night I had a photo shoot with a family I've been taking pictures of for a couple of years. They are sweet family with two precious boys. I've loved watching these two boys grow up and it's been an honor to capture sweet moments in their lives.

Last night I was blown away. As the boys got out of the car, they were each holding a little bucket. One had a picture of our little girl on it and the other had a picture of our baby boy. The buckets were filled with money these little boys had worked hard for. The oldest little guy is four. He told me all of the reasons he felt it was important to save this money. It was touching that he had such a real view of the situation our kids are in.

A two-year old and a four-year old gave us over $75!!! This was such an inspiration to our boys...they couldn't believe it as we counted it! Then....when the family paid for their session, they overpaid by quite a bit! I was moved to tears by this family several times last night. When I got in the car and looked at their check I just started crying. A beautiful song came on the radio, and I know God was speaking to me.

Honestly, it's been a rough week or so for us. We've just had a lot going on....and, as usual, I haven't handled everything the way I should have. One thing was that we did a yard sale (for the 3rd time) and only made a little bit of money. It was really disappointing. But, I felt God speaking to me that He doesn't provide for everyone the same way. Also, that I CANNOT make it happen the way I want it to. No matter how much I try, I can't bring in the money for this adoption. It's hard because I don't want to just ask for handouts....I want to earn the money. Last night I felt like God showed me something. The money for this adoption is already provided. God's just giving it to us in His timing...not mine. He's already taken care of it all. I have to do my part and be willing to obey Him, but, I've got to learn to let go and let Him have His way.

I'm so thankful for God's people...they are so generous! He's so generous! My heart is so full and I just long to meet my kids so bad! I know He's growing me through this. I can't wait to see what He has in store.





No comments: