Thursday, November 11, 2010

The heart of the matter...

First of all, Tuesday we went to our first Zoo Class. Since it was on astronomy, I thought it would be fun to go there to supplement what we are learning. It was ok...not sure if we'll do them in the future.




They had more fun after the class.






Chad and I went to see Tedd Tripp this past weekend at a Shepherding a Child's Heart Conference. It was SO GOOD! I got so much out of it. At times I felt overwhelmed but left feeling hopeful. One thing he encouraged us to do was a "Heart Notebook" with the kids. We started ours on Tuesday. It's going great so far and I know I'm learning so much!

Teaching them to guard their hearts is so important. (Proverbs 4:23)

Ephesians 6:1....The reason they need to obey is because it's God-ordered...not just for my convenience!

We're going to be going through ungodly and godly attitudes of the heart. We started with revenge...not that we have any of that going on around here!!!!

We looked up scriptures about revenge and then went through several examples from the Bible of people who took revenge and then people who trusted God. It seemed to really click with the boys. Today we did envy. When I started explaining what envy is, Ethan slumped down in his chair and said, "oh boy...I think I'm gonna have to work on this one". I'm so excited about it. I think it will help us to focus on their hearts when we discipline, not just the behaviors. It will also help keep my heart in check.







No comments: