Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Making Memories

I have kind of felt like I'm in a bit of a rut lately and can't seem to climb my way out.   I read a blog by another mom that challenged me to not let time slip by...to enjoy this season with my kids...to make the days count.   So, we went outside and raked up a huge pile of leaves.  The kids played in the leaves for over an hour!   

Christy just had the hugest smile on her face and just kept yelling, "This is so fun!".   This is the first time she's seen fall. In GHana, the only seasons are rainy and dry season.  So, we're going to try to make fall count...make some sweet memories...to not let days slip by without enjoying what God has given me. 















My garden is struggling.  If the chickens didn't eat it, I forgot to water it. :)  I've replanted some stuff and tried to rig up something to keep the chickens out.  So, we'll see.  HOpefully we'll get to eat some stuff out of our garden this fall/winter!







Luke is tying his own shoes...probably a little late...but, still, he's proud :)


Then we played with fire!   My kids are pyromaniacs!  They get it from Chad.   They could just sit in front of a fire for so long. 


Acting like little monkeys!


Taking everything in.


Whispering secrets.







3 comments:

Christy said...

I feel that same way...sometimes I tell myself, "just do it" when it comes to some things. Because things are never as overwhelming when you just take that first step.

P.S. I didn't learn to tie my shoes until I was in 3rd grade and I was really proud of myself, too.

Anonymous said...

Katie is just now learning to tie hers too! You have a beautiful life!

The Runyans said...

i love your sweet family. number 14 needs to be blown up big. LOVE that photo.....such sweet and precious pics. u have a beautiful family n ur such a good momma!!!!!