Friday, June 3, 2011

Progress

Today we heard that we should have a court date the third week of this month!!! It seems like every. single. little. thing that happens along this journey...is HUGE. But...this really is HUGE! Once court is done we can start the process of getting things done to get them home. It will take at least a few months...but, it seems so much closer now. Please pray that we are not called to court. This should not be a problem, but, you just never know. Please pray that court goes smoothly and on schedule.

Since Chad returned from Africa, I have watched all of the videos over and over and looked through the pictures countless times. It's amazing to finally get a better glimpse of who my children are. It's been wonderful and sweet. It's also been incredibly hard. For a week I got to talk to my little girl on the phone everyday. I got to know that they were in their daddy's arms. Now, I wonder what's going through their minds. I'm praying for God to comfort them and to draw them close to Him during this time....I'm praying that for all of us. It's also hard hearing stories about many children in the orphanage that have no family. It's heartbreaking. It's wrong. I'm praying that God would rouse his church. There should not be so many children sitting in orphanages around the world...for years! I'm struggling with what God wants us to do. I'm not sure where He wants me or what I'm supposed to be doing. But one thing I'm sure of is that's not to sit back and do nothing. I'm praying for God to break my heart more and to not let me grow cold and comfortable again. I'm praying for God to rescue these beautiful children. If I am a child of God, who has been ransomed and rescued from my sin, saved and loved by the Almighty God...how can I do nothing?

1 comment:

sarah in the woods said...

Yay!! That's wonderful news. You're pictures and video are so sweet. I know you can't wait . . .