Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Remember


Yesterday we went with my mom, my sister, and the kids to my grandfather's grave. We wanted to teach our kids what Memorial Day is really about. So, we decided to honor my grandpa. He fought in the Korean war and I remember that it affected him for the rest of his life. He sacrificed a lot. I'm so thankful for those who have given so much to defend our country....all the way back to those who fought for our independence from Britain. We spent last year in school teaching the kid's about American history and all the great men and women who have made America what it is. I love to teach about our history. I think I'm going to have to make myself teach something else this coming year. :o)

Yesterday was moving. Chad got the kids together and told them about my grandpa, Conrad. They watched as my mom cried and we all took time to remember him. Even though they never met him, they can be proud to know they had a grandfather like him.







No comments: