Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Treasures

I was blessed with a wonderful, godly grandmother. She is a huge part of the reason that I am who I am today. Her and my grandfather took me to church from the time I was a baby and invested a lot into my life. As I am raising my own kids now, I'm more aware of what huge blessing that spiritual heritage is. "Gramma" is actually my step-grandmother. But, the bond we have is much stronger than blood. She's such a special person and she IS my gramma and my boys' great gramma Lorna. We got to go to Florida in February to visit them. She is known to save EVERYTHING....literally. :o) I hope that one day we will have another child...maybe a girl...either biologically or through adoption....or both (if it were up to me :o)) So, I asked her if she had any old pillowcases that I could have so I could one day, if I ever had a girl, I could make her a dress out of it. I was in awe as she pulled out pillowcases that her mother used to make for missionaries. There were also a couple that she had embroidered when she was a young girl. I was so excited! So, my niece turns 7 this week and I have made her a dress out of one of them. My sewing skills are desperately lacking, but, how many girls have a dress from their great great gramma's pillowcase?

My great gramma, Anna, crocheted the border on these....





1 comment:

Melanie said...

Mrs. Bowling,

I just wanted to say that I think this is really neat! If there is a daughter in the future for you all, I know she will treasure these. How special!