Sunday, September 8, 2013

Celebrating Christy

Today we got to celebrate Christy's 8th birthday.  It was sweet to watch her.  She was so excited and felt so special! She has been home with us for a year and a half.  I can't believe how time has flown and how much she has changed! Things haven't been all easy.  We've had our fair share of struggles and tears, but, it's all been worth it.  It seems like just now we have gotten over another little hump in the road.   It's nice to be able to stand back and look at how far we all have come.   We've all (us and all 4 kids) have had to really look at ourselves and make changes, choose to do the right thing, love when it's not easy, and then enjoy the times when it is.  Through it all, I look at these kids and I'm amazed.   If I had been through all they have, I don't know how I would have handled it.  If you forget everything else, just take into account that they left all of their friends, their home (no matter our view of it, it was their home), their culture, everything familiar and came to a totally different place, with a bunch of strangers who LOVE THEM SO MUCH but they are still strangers, different tastes, textures and smells,  new rules and expectations, a different way of doing just about every little thing, and even having to learn to talk differently.  I really can't imagine!   Yet, she has been such a trooper!   She has so much joy, a contagious laugh and a beautiful smile. 

We have been blessed!  This smile is not because of us.  It's not because she was "rescued", because we were too late for that.  It's because God made this precious little thing just the way she is.  She is strong, compassionate, and joyful and I'm so thankful I get to have her in my life.  There is so much I can learn from her!

Days like this are joyful and sweet, but, also sobering.   I cry thinking about Felicia.  8 years ago she carried my little girl in her womb, and then nursed her, and then did the best she could.  I love her so much. 



The first picture we ever saw of Christy.  This should have clued us into what we were in for! :)




Happy Birthday Christiana Renee' Naa Koshie!  I love you with all my heart.  I pray that you will know how much you are loved even though I fail daily.  I pray that you will know that you were wonderfully and fearfully made.  God formed you in Felicia's womb.  He knows your inmost being.  He loves you so.



No comments: