Wednesday, February 24, 2010

So thankful....

Being a mother is the most wonderful thing to me...it's also the scariest. I think about all of the responsibility that lies on me as a mother and I feel so inadequate. There are so many things that I do wrong and don't really know what to differently. But, one thing that these feelings do, is make me turn to God for help. I constantly pray for supernatural wisdom, patience, and knowledge. I find myself always asking for God to help me show love in the way I talk to and treat my boys. I mess up so many times and end up praying for God to heal any wounds that I may cause to their tender little hearts. The most important thing to me is that my boys love the Lord. Not just to have a head knowledge or learn to follow certain rules. I want them to really love Him with all their hearts.

This morning at breakfast we were reading out of their children's Bible. We were talking about Easter and Jesus dying for us so that we could be forgiven. Luke got pretty excited and thought this was all really neat. I asked him if he wanted to ask Jesus in his heart and he said "yes". So, I got to lead him in the prayer of salvation. Ethan did this a couple of years ago and I wish I'd written down the date. I'm just so thankful for God's grace and for His love that he pours out on us. I feel so humbled to have lead this precious little guy to the Lord, and I'm so thankful to God for the opportunity. What a great way to start the day. :o)





No comments: