Saturday, February 20, 2010

Fort Myers, FL 2010

I had the opportunity to take the boys on a trip to visit my grandparents in Florida last week. I haven't seen them in a few years and was so happy to be able to get down there finally. So, the boys and I made the 14 hour trip and they did AWESOME! Not one time did they whine or fuss. Although, during the last two hours down, Luke just couldn't stand it anymore and he would randomly scream at the top of his lungs and then crack up laughing. It was pretty funny. He just had too much pent up energy and I guess he didn't know what else to do.

The boys got to see the beach for the first time and were in awe. They didn't stop laughing and running, until, after about 2 hours, they realized it was really too cold to be wet and sandy at the beach.

We went to Thomas Edison and Henry Ford's winter homes and got to see the museum and Edison's lab.

We went to a manatee park and saw tons of them. It was awesome. I lived there my whole life and only saw them once. But, it was so cold down there they huddled near the power plant.

We went to Sanibel Island and visited the Ding Darling Wildlife Refuge. Ethan go to do their Junior Wildlife Manager Program. He got an offical badge that he is extremely proud of. :o)


We had a great time and although we didn't do our official schoolwork...it was very educational....I love homeschooling.










Click to see the collage bigger.


No comments: