Monday, May 3, 2010

Trip to the Zoo




This year we decided to become zoo members for the first time. We've already been twice and are probably going again this week. The boys love it and they've started having "education stations". Volunteers bring out hands on stuff for the kids and answer questions, tell stories, share different facts, etc. We let the boys take a camel ride this time. They've never done that before and thought it was pretty fun. Ethan's favorite thing this trip was the otters. They were being really playful. I loved that we got to see the beavers being fed. Even though I really enjoy the zoo...part of me is always sad when I leave. There's just something not right about a black bear being confined to an enclosure. I would much rather see them in their natural habitat....I'm sure they'd prefer it too.



No comments: